Monday 13 February 2012

An unofficial weigh in at work

Yes, I know you shouldn't weigh yourself on two different sets of scales but I know how much to compensate in order to make them match.

I was interested to see if my weight loss has resumed since last week was a bit of a slow week probably due to being ill and not drinking enough water.

I always find the weekends harder that during the week because at work, my routine is pretty much fixed which makes sticking to the diet much easier.  At work, I have foodpacks at 11am, 1:30pm. 4pm and dinner at 8pm once I've put the baby to bed.  At the weekend, my days are completely different so I have to be double-careful to make sure I drink enough water and remember to eat at the same times. Remember my wife is only on 3 foodpacks so at the weekend, we end up "eating" at different times.

Anyway, I did a sneaky weigh in on the scales at work this morning. In fact, I did it twice in order to get an average just in case the scales where being a little temperamental.  Here's the results.

#1:  15st11lbs
#2:  15st13lbs.

So, I'll take that as 15st12lbs.  Now subtract 4lbs which these scales over read by in order to match the ones my CDC uses gives me a "real" weight of 15st8lbs.

That's a total loss of  32lbs in just over 5 weeks.

That puts me at a 4lb loss since last Thursday (today is Monday btw).  It looks like I'm back on track, but also am now definitely voyaging into uncharted waters.  I'm now the lightest I've ever been as an adult.  Strangely, I'm not feeling jubilant about it, more relieved that I didn't sabotage myself like I did when I was on Weight Watchers and hit 16st 0.5lbs.

It's funny as I expected to be all self-congratulatory, but I think that this diet makes you re-evaluate how your mind works.  Because I've always felt that losing weight was such an uphill struggle and an unattainable goal, I'd have been massively happy to be in the 15's. But because this diet works *so* well, it has become almost a given that I'll be passing through this weight pretty sharpish and into smaller numbers on a weekly basis.  That and I still look fat in the mirror with my shirt off.

This is why I'm coming round to the idea that maybe the BMI charts aren't wrong and something to be dutifully ignored.  They tell me I should be 12.5 stone roughly.

Looking at myself in the mirror with a critical eye (don't we all?), I can see that at approx 14st I'll start to look slim. So maybe, just maybe, the BMI charts aren't all wrong.

Onwards and errr... downwards!

1 comment:

  1. I'm very impressed! Good on you. I'm almost tempted myself...

    ReplyDelete