Friday 10 February 2012

Why did I get Angry?

So, it's a new day, and now the post-mortem of yesterday's weigh-in can commence with a clear head.

I actually got most worked up about only losing 3lb this week.  Yes I know there were extenuating circumstances like having a cold or whatever, but I see them as excuses.

The thing is, I thought I was angry at Jo, my CDC for putting me onto Sole Source Plus (4 foodpacks as per normal but with the addition of a 200ml glass of milk each day) because I wanted my weight loss to be as rapid as possible.  I thought I'd get demoralised by slow weightloss and fall off the wagon.  Yes, I understood her reasoning which was so that the wife and I will move back onto food at the same time and yes it does make sense.  But it still pissed me off and 3lb just proved my point.

However, I was wrong. I can safely say that I was being a stupid little girl about it. And if truth be told I was angry at myself for what I considerd was a failure.

The truth is, over the last week, I maybe managed to drink 2 pints of water per day if that.  You're supposed to drink at least 4 pints of water per day. I just couldn't stomach it is all.

I don't think that 200ml of milk is going to slow my weight loss by that much. But I do think that not drinking enough water will make your body retain water which obviously carries a weight penalty.

So, the solution is obvious.  Drink more water.

That's why today and from now on, I shall make sure I'm drinking a minimum of 4 pints per day.  Not rocket science is it?

I don't think I gave SS+ a fair crack last week due to the lack of water, which means that really I have no basis to complain about it until I've done a "good" week where the results would be more honest.

The interesting thing will be the results of next week's weigh in.

PS I think I mntally put too much pressure on myself to get into the 15's.  Maybe that's why I got worked up.  I'll be in them next week for sure.  No more 16 stone something for me thankyouverymuch.  I've NEVER been in the 15's as an adult.

No comments:

Post a Comment