Tuesday 27 March 2012

Back From Centre Parcs

Hi everyone,

I'm now officially back from Centre Parcs where I had a lovely time with the wife, baby and my brother. We did every activity going from Tennis, to Pedalo-boating, we surely burnt a few calories there!

I suspect you'll be wondering how the dieting went...

My Mum and her new fella came up to visit and took us out to dinner so we could hardly refuse.  I stuffed myself silly with a Calzone pizza, Mozzarella balls to start and a chocolate ice cream for dessert. I felt like I would go pop!

We also had a £50 food voucher from Centre Parcs because we had a plumbing problem in our villa so of course we ate out again, this time I had a Philly-style CheeseSteak sandwich which was absolutely divine!

Each of these meals were probably well over 2500 calories, but frankly I don't care.  The only thing that I did care about was the fact that I knocked myself out of ketosis so I knew I was in for a rough couple of days whilst my body used up the stored glycogen etc from the carbs I consumed.

Yup, I had the dreaded "day 3" again. and this time it was a real drag.

I absolutely refuse to feel guilty about eating two big meals as I've lost nearly 4 stone.  Also nothing will make a mess of your head like guilt will.

One thing that did massively surprise me was how groggy and sluggish I felt for the following couple of days. I also developed carb-face. It visibly adds chins, bloats cheeks and makes you look 2 stone heavier than you are.  I also weighed myself on the Centre Parcs scales just to get an indication as to how much damage I'd done.  They calmly (somewhat too calmly for my liking) informed me that I'd put on 6lb by eating 2 large meals.  Obviously that's not 6lb of fat, most of it will be glycogen and water.  To prove this point, as soon as I got back on plan it all fell off again within a couple of days.

So, those meals notwithstanding, I ate strictly as per the 810 plan, and I continue to do so. A blip, or a break from your diet is not a cheat, it's a decision. You know that you're delaying your weightloss a bit and you know that you'll need extra will power to get back on track again, and that's fair enough.

So, I'm back at work and the scales (at work) are showing 14st4lbs. Now, my last official weigh in 12 days ago came in at 14st5lbs, and these scales over read by 4 lbs so I'm looking at around a 5lbs loss over the last two weeks which no doubt could have been 7lbs but thats the choice I made.

Having said that, this is all conjecture until the official weigh-in, in two day's time. I may have lost another pound or two by then anyway.  I'll let you know.

In other news, I've joined a gym, kind of. Actually, I'm having a hell of a time trying to join the gym.  I'm attempting to join the local council run gym which is near my house.  So far, I've registered on their website for a leisure card, traipsed over there complete with ID to get said leisure card.  I even attempted to go there and use the gym and this is where the problems occurred. Not content with making me jump through hoops to even be allowed through the door,  I apparently, for insurance reasons, have to have a gym "induction", whatever the hell that means. I also have to pay extra for this for some unfathomable reason.  Of course, there was no one around to sort this out there and then, so I stood there like a plum in my shiny new gym kit like its my first day at school or something and got told I wasn't allowed to do anything!

Apparently, my induction will be this thursday at 7pm, but I've not had confirmation so I'm really none the wiser.  I think this is why people actually pay a fortune to use nice gyms, it's all a lot easier, you just join up and start lifting weights. Stoopid Gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment