Friday 6 January 2012

Day 1: Unexpectedly Nervous, and a pleasant surprise!

So, as the title says really.  I've been bricking it a bit.  I know it's not manly to admit this, but fuck it. I've been worried, not even sure about what really, but now i'm bollocks-deep in foodpacks for the week, I have to dive in and crack on.

This is Day 1. Traditionally, an easy day where you're lulled into a false sense of security.  Anyone can go one day without eating.  It's day 3 that's the killer.

Days 1,2 and 3 involve using up your blood sugar and Glycogen stores in your liver. Once these are depleted, then your body wil go into Ketosis (fat burning mode).

On the CD, a man can have 4 foodpacks a day, women only 3.  I feel for the wife, but it's because us fella's burn more calories.

I've never really bothered with eating breakfast, so I didn't have a foodpack until around 12pm.  I chose the Chocolate Shake.  I'm a massive fan of Milkshakes anyway, with Chocolate being my favourite.

They're easy to make, just add approx 8oz/227ml of water and mix it up. Drink within 20 minutes.

Guess what?  CD choccie milk is bloody delicious!  Unlike the lighterlife one which is just "ok" and tastes a bit chemical.  This CD one is ace, shame there's not more of it, but I wouldn't want to water it down as right now, it's lovely and thick.

If all the foodpacks are this nice, then that's half the battle won. Incidentally, the foodpacks look as though they're roughly 140 calories each, so that's a total daily calorific intake of 560 calories. That's not a lot is it? Still, it'll be ok.

Next up, I've got Spicy Tomato Soup for lunch. and then I'll do a Butterscotch Shake around 4pm.

This week, i've just ordered a mix of most of the flavours of shakes and soups, but have stayed a little safe by getting plenty of chocolate shakes just in case.  Having said that, it doesn't matter if I don't like any as Jo, my CD "mentor" has said we can swap any that we don't like.

oh and here's a picture of my fat with some Lemurs for you to see the extent of my gut:



Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment