Monday 9 January 2012

The Dreaded Day 3

I was quite worried about Day 3.  Our CDC (Cambridge Diet Counsellor) said that Day 3 is when you really feel like crap as your body has used up all the blood sugar and glycogen stores and makes the switch-over to burining fat and apparently this makes you feel terrible.

I also remembered that Day 3 on LighterLife was like this and that I had a headache for 3 days whilst my body adjusted to the lack of calories/carbs.

As it turns out, it wasn't a problem.  Day three was absolutely fine. I had my usual 4 foodpacks, 3 shakes and a soup for lunch, and although I ran out of steam for an hour in the afternoon, a cup of coffee sorted that out and I was fine again, right up until bedtime.

So, Day 3, not so bad!  I do understand why my CDC said to cut down the carbs in the week before we started the diet, it's to make the transition easier on yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment