Friday 27 January 2012

hmmm... 5lbs. is it a problem really?


So, last night I whacked up a blog post about being disappointed with regard to a 5lb loss at my weigh in.

Just thinking about it some more, apart from a few teaspoons of baby food, the only other thing I'd changed was the fact that I'd added one CD bar per day instead of a shake.

The reason I'm saying this is because the bars contain more carbs than the shakes which is why you're not allowed them for the first two weeks.

This week, I've dropped all but two bars for the weekend (because they're convenient), so we'll see what difference they make.

I shouldn't be disappointed in losing 5lbs in a week. That's still a hefty amount to lose. 5lbs of fat looks like this:

This is just a random photo from a google image search for "5lbs of body fat". However, it goes to show that what I've lost this week is actually a fair volume of lard. I'm pretty bloody pleased to be rid of that!

Oh and my greatest loss on weight watchers/slimming world has been approx 3lb. So yeah, I'm happy. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment