Monday 30 January 2012

Cold Hands, Warm nothing actually!

Christ-on-a-bike it's cold this week, and I'm really feeling it.  Previous winters haven't been a problem when you have a whole bunch of carbs and calories to keep you warm.  Also, a thick layer of fat helps!

Anyway, having been in ketosis for a few weeks now, I'm well used to my extremities feeling cold, but bugger me does it hit you when you go out!  I'm in the office, in a jumper, with the heating on and my hands are still freezing, to the point where my typing has gone to the dogs and I'm having to correct typos constantly. Very annoying.

Other than that, the Cambridge Diet (sorry - Weight Plan) is going well for me.  I'm having no trouble in sticking to it.  Over the weekend, I've made use of the bars and pre-mixed cartons when we've been out, which is dead handy.  You have to plan ahead though when making your order with your CDC otherwise you run the risk of missing your foodpacks which is a bad plan.

I did jump on the scales at work rather sneakily, and I know I shouldn't do this, but I just like to double-check.  They say I'm down to 16st6 which is 3lbs off since last Thursday. I've taken into account that these scales over-read by 4lb.  I hope that these scales constantly over-read by a consistent 4lbs (as opposed to the scales being more accurate on lighter weights) otherwise I'll not be able to compensate for their inaccuracy to get a roughly true reading.  I'm not sure I made any sense there oh well.

So it looks like I'm heading for a 6lb loss roughly this week.  This would get me down to 16st3.  Only 2.5lb heavier than my lightest ever weight as an adult.  The following week should hopefully see me into the 15's!

I'd be ecstatic to be in the 15's.  Of course, my body may well rebel on me and not give me this goal so quickly.  Weight loss isn't a fixed thing with no guarantees per week.  The trick is to not get despondent about a slow week.

I'm wearing my smaller jeans still, I have two pairs so that'll do me for the time being. My moobs are shrinking and pretty much all my clothes in my wardrobe of any size now fit, some better than others!

With regard to my biggest clothes, some look stupid on me, others shrink down in the tumble dryer so they still fit.  That's a bonus.

My Wife is looking really good.  She's lost over 3 stone now and is starting to get back into her more fashionable clothes.  I can see the boost in her confidence and it's great! I'm so proud of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment